Tuesday, December 4, 2007

M/V Doulos Hits the Phi again

I checked out the famous M/V Doulos yesterday, hoping that I could find some awesome books which aren’t sold at any bookstore here at the Phi. And, I also knew that this would be the last time that the ship would dock here in the Philippines, since it will be decommissioned in 2010, so I grabbed the opportunity to see what the ship fuzz was all about.

Inside the ship, you can find volumes and volumes of books being sold. They also have CDs, Cassettes, Coloring Books, Souvenir items, Crossword Puzzles, Planners, and Stuffed toys. They even sell Ice Cream and some light snacks.

As far as I could remember, M/V Doulos is part of a German effort to bring “good books for all”. It is said that she is the oldest active passenger line (well, technically she is no more a passenger ship bring souls from one end of the world to the other, but rather she brings forth kindlers of souls from one end to the other), according to their website.

The said ship arrived at the ports of Manila last 29th of November 2007, and according to one of my friends; they will be here until the 19th of February 2007. They will be at the South Harbor Port of Manila until the 23rd of December 2007 and after that day they will sail and stop in to Subic, maybe until February 19 of 2008.

No comments: