Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Division Versus Table

Since I started designing websites in 2005 I have knew nothing other than for any of my web page layouts. But now 2 years on it seems I have to learn it all again. There’s no other job I can think of that has you learning something new every day, and I do mean everyday guaranteed.

The world of web design and website programming is changing vastly, it seems every time I turn the computer on I have at least 5 or 6 different emails about how Google is changing or how XHTML and web 2.0 is the way forward, every day there’s something new.

To keep up with standards it is now common to create all pages compliant with XHTML Strict 1.1 which uses and CSS and it is always best practice to make a site comply to www.w3c.org standards. It is also thought that your website being compliant could help with search engine rankings, true? Well I'm not sure but it certainly wouldn't harm to make your pages compliant with today’s standards.

Is Div better than Table? Well I do actually believe the div tag is better but I think it's a matter of personal preference more than anything else. The div tag to me seems a lot cleaner, more structured and certainly more modern.

No comments: